Amber – Photo
I’m the token girl of the crew – which often means I have to be the voice of reason. The boys would really like a remote controlled helicopter – It’s up to me to tell them it is completely impractical and we really don’t need one.
I’m an all or nothing person. I listen to music at full volume. I watch an entire season of a show in one sitting. I can’t go to a concert and sit in the stands. I have recently taken up running, (if I write it here it makes me accountable and I have to keep going). If I’m being completely honest – each and every morning I think how much nicer it would be to keep lying in bed and eat croissants instead.
5 Things you didn’t know about me:
- I yell loudly at pukekos to “stay off the road” while I’m driving.
- I was a new entrant teacher in a past life.
- I have inherited my Dad’s love of Sci-fi books and movies.
- My favourite pair of boots are permanently dented from mosh pits at rock shows.
- My Mum once penned and read to my entire intermediate class the epic poem “Amber Hardley’s lost her shoe” in an attempt to get me to take better care of my belongings. I didn’t speak to her for a week. Despite this traumatic event, I still lose my shoes on a regular basis.